jueves, 26 de agosto de 2021

My fav tea shops in Guatemala

 


Tea shops in Guatemala
Check my insta


This post is an invitation to know more about our tea culture in Guatemala city. I know that we live in a coffee culture country, but there are options for non-coffee drinkers or curious wanderers. For those that enjoy spending a nice evening watching the sunset while drinking tea.

My top favs are:


Caravasar

My #1 tea shop is Caravasar. Their blends are mystical, and I miss going to their restaurant. They do have an online shop, they launch monthly discounts. You should explore their catalog to find infusions and teas such as Oolong, Pu-erh, Masala, Rooibos, and more.


Tea Shop

This is my #2 tea shop. Their food menu includes special blends to enhance the flavor. The location in zone 10 is cozy and you can drink a delicious flavored Matcha with chocolate or peach. They also handle a blend that tastes like pumpkin spice among others.


Pachamama Blends

On #3 we have Pachamama Blends. I went to their shop in Antigua Guatemala and I loved that I was able to customize my blend. They purchase dried fruits, chocolate, and spices from local farms and they're experts when it comes to preparing mocktails. They even built a special blend named Guatemalan Breakfast, to honor the fruity flavors of our country. Like the English Breakfast.


Teehaus

This is my #4 and I miss their store so much. I tasted a special blend under a huge tree. The store had tons of bins full of tea, books and I may say that they introduced me to the fascinating world of loose leaves.  


⭐ My home (lol, I know)

I know, this is funny, but I didn't have a fifth option. My kitchen is my #5 because here I was able to master the most known masala chai. You can build your own tisanes by buying everyday spices and herbs at the local market. I encourage you to experiment with mint, cinnamon, cardamom, there´s no place like your kitchen. 


I´m sure there are more spots, but most of them are resellers from the local shops that I mentioned.

© Página Llena. Design by FCD.